Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Veggie chili for Meatless Monday

Recently, I have been a crock pot queen. Perhaps because it's been so cold in North Dakota in March (hey, it's in the 30's now, what am I complaining about!) and perhaps because it is so easy. One of my favorite recipes is this vegetarian chili, since I tend to make meat-less meals. For all of you carnivores out there - I'm sure this would be as delicious if you added some meat to it. But since the swim suit season is coming, I recommend you skip those calories and save this delicious meal for your Meatless Monday.
Vegetarian crock pot chili
1 onion - diced 
2 cloves garlic - minced
2 red or yellow bell peppers - chopped 
1 zucchini - diced
2 grated carrots
2 cans of beans - I like to mix up kidney and black beans
2 x 15 oz cans of diced tomatoes 
1/2 cup water 
1.5 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes 
Combine all ingredients and cook on low for 8-6 hours. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of the results... Perhaps it disappeared too quickly...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thuốc uống từ thảo dược (thuốc nam, thuốc bắc) và các loại thuốc từ động vật khác đều bị cấm. Xem thêm: vé máy bay giá rẻ đi Austin .

    Các loại băng đĩa, phần mềm không có bản quyền sẽ không được mang lên máy bay. Để tránh rắc rối khi hải quan Mỹ phát hiện trong hành lý của bạn, bạn nên copy vào USD để mang theo.

    Tham khảo: vé máy bay đi Mỹ tháng nào rẻ nhất .

    ReplyDelete