Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Veggie chili for Meatless Monday

Recently, I have been a crock pot queen. Perhaps because it's been so cold in North Dakota in March (hey, it's in the 30's now, what am I complaining about!) and perhaps because it is so easy. One of my favorite recipes is this vegetarian chili, since I tend to make meat-less meals. For all of you carnivores out there - I'm sure this would be as delicious if you added some meat to it. But since the swim suit season is coming, I recommend you skip those calories and save this delicious meal for your Meatless Monday.
Vegetarian crock pot chili
1 onion - diced 
2 cloves garlic - minced
2 red or yellow bell peppers - chopped 
1 zucchini - diced
2 grated carrots
2 cans of beans - I like to mix up kidney and black beans
2 x 15 oz cans of diced tomatoes 
1/2 cup water 
1.5 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes 
Combine all ingredients and cook on low for 8-6 hours. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of the results... Perhaps it disappeared too quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment