Monday, March 15, 2010

Pizza kick

I am definitely in the pizza stage of my life. Going through food stages is kind of fun, except other people think you're crazy for eating the same thing every day for a month or so (for example pancakes for lunch). I probably won't be eating pizza every day, but who knows - I just learned how to make some very interesting and delicious looking pizzas...
Not even 9 am yet and I have the Food Network channel on as my "noise background" while studying for the boards. Wish me luck with that exam as I will need it - the test book was suddenly put to the side when a pizza making tutorial came on. How lucky am I! Ask Aida's Aida Mollenkamp just showed me how to make a baby bella mushroom pizza with balsamic vinegar and... a fried balsamic egg on top, yes, I said balsamic egg. I will let you know how well this one works out, as I will be sure to make it; it is just too weird to pass up!
Meanwhile, I made a salmon pizza last night. The photos don't do it justice, but you be the judge. I didn't use any pizza sauce, but instead I used olive oil mixed with fresh garlic, salt, pepper and dried basil. Toppings consisted of baked salmon, capers, red onion, tomato, red pepper, mozzarella cheese and some queso fresco.Too bad I don't have any leftovers for lunch today. Might just have to make another one!

1 comment:

  1. Anna! That pizza looks amazing...I get on those kicks to and would eat pizza for every meal. Good luck studying for the nursing boards...you are almost done! Yay you!

    ReplyDelete