Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Going, going, gone...

Encouraged by the most beautiful weather outside (50 degrees) I went downtown to see the Red River flooding progress and to stop by one of my favorite stores, the Amazing Grains, a natural foods grocery store. Along with some spices needed for cooking Indian food, I purchased a vegetarian German sandwich for lunch. I wanted to take a photo of it, but it was so good I ate it too fast and this is what I have to show for it now...
Amazing Grains offers SNAG, or Saturday Night at the Grains, where the chefs cook a six course meal of usually ethnic foods. Embarrassed to admit, I have never been to SNAGS... But I just made a resolution to go to at least one before the summer is over, how does that sound?
Visit amazinggrains.org to see what they have planned for lunch! Cheap, interesting and delicious sandwiches are always on the menu!
Anna's Favorites List:
  • Favorite food: The vegan "egg" salad sandwich. Have not had it for a while, may have to watch the menu online in case it comes up.
  • Favorite spice: Whole cloves. There isn't a better smell than that. You should know that it is used a lot in Polish compotes, or dried fruit drinks.
  • Favorite drink: The kefir. If you don't know what it is you're missing out, go and buy one now.

No comments:

Post a Comment