Friday, February 3, 2012

Not your mama's potato salad

Are you ready for Superbowl? There's nothing like eating some good old potato salad doused in mayo...
Or, if you're anything like me, and if you want something fresher, though not necessarily healthier... you might just like this Giada De Laurentiis' recipe for Red Potato and Tomato Salad available on the Food Network site. A friend of mine made this last summer and it was such a nice, refreshing change from the good old mayo salad, err I mean potato salad.
As you can tell instead of the black olives I used green ones that were stuffed with garlic because that's what I had on hand. It gives the salad a nice, earthy taste to it. And if you're planning to skip the lemon zest - don't. I tried it with and without it and there is a world of difference! So change it up this once and I promise you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment