Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Apres ski


Finally Jeff convinced me to try cross country skiing, which is quite the change for a gal who skied in the Alps every winter during her childhood (and really wants you to know this!). It wasn't too bad. Kinda fun actually.
After our December skiing outing we did not get fresh snow until just recently and since we're so busy house remodeling we actually haven't had a chance to go again.
A friend of mine recommended David's Tea company out of Canada and the name of the tea he liked just sparked the old memories of skiing in the Alps (I am making sure you know this about me), Apres Ski. And I have to tell you, it is amazing. With large pieces of fig (and I love figs!), orange and cinnamon it will warm you up any given cold winter evening at home. And I have to tell you that one of the traditions I miss about living in Europe is the tea drinking, and no, not only the British do it. Any time you're visiting somebody, even for just a few minutes, it is expected that they will welcome you with a cup of tea or coffee and perhaps some cookies. Actually, it's always been a mystery to me how all those people have cookies for the guests in their house, mine just get eaten right away, so please, don't expect this kind of welcome from me. But if you hurry and visit me I might just have a steaming cup of Apres Ski for you.

1 comment: