Friday, March 11, 2011

There heeeere!

When you live away from your home country sometimes you search for the little pieces that remind you of it. For me it's usually food. Now, living in North Dakota doesn't exactly present with too many opportunities to get Polish food, and when I crave some Polish flavors I resort to either going on trips to Polish Town in Chicago or Poland, of course. A much better, quicker and cheaper alternative would be ordering food online, and since Fat Tuesday was approaching quickly, and the Polish tradition is to eat doughnuts on this day, I though to myself - what a better dessert to have than some Polish doughnuts, or paczki!
Quickly I got online and ordered from Polana store online, that offers variety of other Polish foods, as well. Polish doughnuts vary from American doughnuts in appearance and the way they're prepared; they are also deep fried, but they're round and don't have the traditional American hole in the middle. Paczki are filled with confiture, or jam and glazed with icing. Traditional paczki are never prepared any other way.
And now, there here. As delicious as I remember. And I'm not sharing!

3 comments:

  1. What's the yellow stuff on top? -mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! You can get so much on-line these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellow stuff on top is caramelized orange peel. So good!

    ReplyDelete