Monday, February 14, 2011

Bake it like you're French


Since Barefoot in Paris cookbook by Ina Garten was one of my Christmas presents, I try to utilize it in my kitchen and bring a little class to my Polish/American cooking. Slowly, but surely, as they say...
Chef Jeff cooked an amazing Valentines Day dinner, as you may see in the previous post, but now it was my time to shine my talents in the dessert making portion of the evening. I am actually not a big baker - I have couple cake recipes that work out pretty well for me, but most of the time I feel that my baking skills are not what they could be. Regardless of this, I decided to make Pear Clafouti, which is a cake made of fruit covered by flan-like mixture and baked. Traditionally it comes with cherries, but the recipe called for pears, since they are in season more often. I think that I succeeded! The dessert was not too sweet, as most American desserts are, and it truly reminded me of the taste of my home. To sweeten it up, however, you may add some ice cream to it, as I did - I used banana ice cream. I also added frozen fruit on top to add some color.
This recipe is available online here as well as in the cookbook I mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment