Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Indian Cook off

Can we have those EVERY week, please? A plate filled to edges with Indian dishes is a way to fill any heart with happiness! Add a mango lassi and a ginger drink to the mix and you got yourself a very happy bunch of friends! For this special occasion I took advantage of a brand new Food Network show - the Aarti Party, and baked some delicious chicken samosas with mint chutney. I won't lie to you, it did require some work in the kitchen but judging from my friends comments - it was well worth it!

Filling made with chicken, potato, bunch of spices and ginger almost ready to go in the oven.
Baked and ready samosas. It cost me a lot of self control not to munch on them before we got over to Joe's...
Big thanks to Nick for making this delicious Naan bread. It was still warm when it got there... I know you're drooling as you're imagining me scooping Tikka Masala sauce with the bread...
Mango Lassi made by Kelly. Boyd generously let me take a photo of his plate.

Jeff is always ready for seconds and thirds with a fork in his pocket. Joe prepared a mango ginger beverage. Yum!

Special thanks to Lisa and Kelly for cleaning up the dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment