Friday, July 12, 2013

Grandma's Marathon

Couple of weekends ago my wonderful husband participated in the Garry Bjorklund's Half Marathon, which is a part of the ever famous Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN. Now, I do need to mention that although a seasoned runner with couple of marathons under my belt myself ( OK, fine, one half marathon and few other races...) I decided to sit this one out and experience the joy of spectating.
Let me start by saying that when we left Grand Forks the weather was swim suit appropriate and when we arrived in Duluth I thought we fast forwarded in time to October.

Cold and rain was not going to stop us from cheering for Jeff, though. Armed with mimosas, Sam, Toni, Lori and I were very happy to make some noise and chant.

After the race Sam made his famous "meal in a glass". 

No comments:

Post a Comment