Saturday, January 15, 2011

Gumbolicious

I have been pretty obsessed with gumbo since Jacob served us the best batch I have ever eaten. Looking for the perfect recipe ended up in failure as I did not want to spend countless hours slaving at the stove...
One day, Rachel Ray's cookbook came to the rescue and since then I have been making gumbo about once every couple weeks. Being that I grew up with a totally different genre of food, I am now in love with everything that is Southern American, Creole and spicy. Not having much experience in this type of cuisine, though, I promise to explore more recipes!There are a few changes that I incorporated to the recipe. First, I use ground chicken instead of the chicken tenders because it is cheaper and much easier. Second, sometimes I use chorizo sausage instead of andouille sausage. Although European, it still brings much needed spice to the gumbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment